Arthrosis of the shoulder joint is a chronic disease that occurs as a result of the destruction of articular cartilage with a change in bone articular surfaces, muscle skeleton, inflammation of the synovial membranes of the joint 1 .
Arthrosis of the shoulder joint is less common than pathology of the knee or hip.
Arthrosis of the shoulder joint may be less pronounced, while there is a restriction of movements and a decrease in the thickness of muscle fibers on the affected side 1
WHAT HAPPENS AT ARTHROSIS OF THE SHOULDER JOINT
Shoulder joint fixation is provided by the tendons of the shoulder muscles, forming the so-called cuff. When it is damaged, the joint acquires pathological excessive mobility, articular cartilage is subjected to increased loads, which increases its destruction.
- the cartilage tissue of the joint is thinned and damaged
- cartilage functions are impaired: depreciation, protection, support
- inflammation and swelling occur in the joint capsule, its volume increases
- cartilage nutrition is reduced, the joint cavity is mechanically damaged by cartilage fragments
- production decreases and the composition of the synovial fluid of the joint changes
- the bone adjacent to the joint remains unprotected, subject to friction and excessive loads, which gives additional pain
CHARACTER OF JOINT PAIN:
- Pain of a mechanical type. They occur during exertion, usually when you move your arms to the side, are accompanied by a crunch, intensify in the evening, and subside at night.
- Pain starting. Appear at the beginning of the movement.
- Blockade pain. They are associated with jamming of the joint with fragments of cartilage, pass after movement in the hand, which helps to remove a fragment of cartilage from the surface of the joint.
- Pain at rest, at night. Associated with stagnation of venous blood in the spongy substance of the bone. Fade in the morning after the appearance of activity.
- Constant pain indicates the presence of synovitis – inflammation of the membranes of the joint. It is accompanied by swelling, redness of the skin, restriction of movement.
- The appearance of pain when the weather changes arises due to the effect on the baroreceptors inside the joint (these receptors respond to changes in humidity, temperature, atmospheric pressure) 2.
SHOULDER JOINT ARTHROSIS ARISES ON THE BACKGROUND OF A NUMBER OF FACTORS
- injuries: professional, sports shoulder overload;
- infectious arthritis, humeroscapular periarteritis;
- disorders of the endocrine system and metabolism;
- heavy metal salt poisoning;
- mineral deficiency;
- elderly age.
HOW TO TREAT THE JOINT
HIP JOINT TREATMENT
Timely access to a doctor contributes to the early start of therapy. With a delayed diagnosis or improper treatment of joint diseases, only 6 years after the onset of the disease, 22% of patients need prosthetics surgery. 5.6
Medicines and chondroprotectors aimed at treating joints will help:
- positively affect the main pathological link: improve the regeneration and nutrition of articular cartilage
- reduce pain.
- slow down the further development of the disease, the destruction of cartilage and indirectly all joint structures.
- restore activity and prevent
Chondroprotectors are well tolerated, are an essential component of the treatment in patients with osteoarthrosis and are recommended by international and Russian associations.
associations[ American College of Rheumatology (ACR)/Arthritis Foundation (AF) 2020.
European Anti-Rheumatic League (EULAR).
International Society for the Study of Osteoarthritis (OARSI).
Association of Russian Rheumatologists (ARR).
JOINTS FOR JOINTS
What is the advantage
Currently, various forms of release are used among medicines. Joint creams or joint ointments are widely represented in pharmacies. Capsules and tablets for joints can also be used by patients as directed by a doctor. Of course, those forms are very convenient.
Injections remain the most effective dosage form. The advantage of intramuscular administration of chondroprotectors (MUCOSAT) is their rapid absorption into the blood with accumulation in the synovial fluid of the joint after 15 minutes, and in the cartilage tissue after 48 hours .
In addition, injections increase the availability of the active substance (chondroitine sulphate) in the bloodstream, which can help increase the effectiveness of the therapy and more quickly develop the effect
It should be noted that joint treatment should be comprehensive and include measures to eliminate the causes of its pathology, and correction of concomitant disorders against the background of this disease.
- Okorokov A.N. Diagnosis of diseases of internal organs: T. 2. Diagnosis of rheumatic and systemic diseases of connective tissue. Diagnosis of endocrine diseases: – M .: Honey. lit., 2008 .– 576 p.
- Electronic https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/bolevoy-sindrom-pri-osteoartroze
- Folomeeva O.M., Galushko E.A., Erdes Sh.F. The prevalence of rheumatic diseases in adult populations of Russia and the USA. Scientific practitioner rheumatol 2008; 4: 4-9
- Ronca F., Palmieri L., Panicucci P., Ronca G. Antii
- nflammatory activity of chondroitin sulfate // Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 1998. Vol. 6. R. 14–21.
- Gamez-Nava JL, Gonzales-Lopes L., Davis P. et al. Referral and diagnosis of common rheumatic diseases by primary care physicians. Br J Rheum 1998; 37: 1215-9
- Galushko E.A., Erdes Sh.F., Alekseeva L.I. Osteoarthrosis in outpatient practice. Modern rheumatology, 2012, p.66-70