Arthrosis of the hip joint or coxarthrosis is a pathology characterized by the destruction of cartilage and a change in the bone surfaces of the hip joint.
Coxarthrosis is one of the most severe forms of osteoarthrosis. In this situation, limb function is quickly lost and disability occurs.
In people over the age of 35 years, the hip joint is affected in 10% of cases. And 35% are patients aged 85 years 2 .
When walking, lameness, swaying of the body, and also a symptom of “bound legs” are noted.
Persistent muscle cramps, on the one hand, and atrophy of the muscles of the legs on the other, cause a special “duck gait”.
Mushroom reconstruction of the femoral head leads to a shortening and forced position of the leg, constant pain forces patients to use a cane or crutches 4
WHAT HAPPENS AT COXARTROSIS
- the cartilage tissue of the joint is thinned and damaged
- cartilage functions are impaired: depreciation, protection, support
- inflammation and swelling occur in the joint capsule, its volume increases
- cartilage nutrition is reduced, its destruction is underway
- the joint cavity is mechanically injured by fragments of cartilage, which causes it to jam
- production decreases and synovial fluid composition changes
- flattening of the femoral head occurs, resulting in a shorter leg
CHARACTER OF JOINT PAIN:
With the disease, pain occurs first in the knee, groin, buttock when walking, passes at rest. At first it hurts with internal rotation (turning the straight leg inward) and bringing in the hip joint, then pain is noted when the leg is moved to the side and external rotation (turning the straight leg out). Then the pain when bending in the joint itself joins.
- Pain of a mechanical type. Occur under load, intensify in the evening, subside at night.
- Starting pains – at the beginning of the movement.
- Blockade pain. The joint kind of “wedges”, this is due to the ingress of a fragment of cartilage on the surface of the joint. Everything passes after movement in the leg, which helps to remove a fragment of cartilage.
- Pain at rest, at night. Associated with stagnation of venous blood in the spongy substance of the bone. Fade in the morning after the onset of activity.
- Constant pain indicates the presence of synovitis. This is accompanied by swelling, redness of the skin, restriction of movement.
- The appearance of pain when the weather changes.
JOINT ARTHROSIS ARISES ON THE BACKGROUND OF A NUMBER OF FACTORS
- professional, sports, domestic loads;
- overweight and obesity;
- hereditary predisposition;
- excessive joint mobility;
- connective tissue weakness;
- disorders of the endocrine system and metabolism;
- heavy metal salt poisoning;
- mineral deficiency;
- elderly age.
HIP JOINT TREATMENT
Timely access to a doctor contributes to the early start of therapy. With a delayed diagnosis or improper treatment of joint diseases, only 6 years after the onset of the disease, 22% of patients need prosthetics surgery. 5.6
Medicines and chondroprotectors aimed at treating joints will help:
- positively affect the main pathological link: improve the regeneration and nutrition of articular cartilage
- reduce pain.
- slow down the further development of the disease, the destruction of cartilage and indirectly all joint structures.
- restore activity and prevent
Chondroprotectors are well tolerated, are an essential component of the treatment in patients with osteoarthrosis and are recommended by Russian and international associations.
- associations[ American College of Rheumatology (ACR)/Arthritis Foundation (AF) 2020.
- European Anti-Rheumatic League (EULAR).
- International Society for the Study of Osteoarthritis (OARSI).
- Association of Russian Rheumatologists (ARR).
Preparations for the treatment of arthrosis are not the whole package of measures. It is important to eliminate the risk factors – weight loss, load limitation, low-impact exercises. In the presence of a hereditary predisposition or birth defects, it is reasonable to consult a doctor about the possible preventive measures.
Currently, various forms of release are used among medicines. Joint creams or joint ointments are widely represented in pharmacies. Capsules and tablets for joints can also be used by patients as directed by a doctor. Of course, those forms are very convenient.
Injections remain the most effective dosage form. The advantage of intramuscular administration of chondroprotectors (MUCOSAT)is their rapid absorption into the blood with accumulation in the synovial fluid of the joint after 15 minutes, and in the cartilage tissue after 48 hours .
In addition,injections increase the ability of chondroitine sulphate to be absorbed (increase the availability of the active substance in the bloodstream) which can lead to a faster and more effective result.
However, only a doctor can choose the right treatment!
At the first sign of joint problems, consult a specialist
- Okorokov A.N. Diagnosis of diseases of internal organs: T. 2. Diagnosis of rheumatic and systemic diseases of connective tissue. Diagnosis of endocrine diseases: – M .: Honey. lit., 2008 .– 576 p.: ill.
- Electronic https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/epidemiologiya-koksartroza
- Folomeeva O.M., Galushko E.A., Erdes Sh.F. The prevalence of rheumatic diseases in adult
- populations of Russia and the USA. Scientific practitioner rheumatol 2008; 4: 4-9
- Electronic https://www.rmj.ru/data/articles/Image/t23/n7/RMJ_23_7_2015.pdf
- Gamez-Nava JL, Gonzales-Lopes L., Davis P. et al. Referral and diagnosis of common rheumatic diseases by primary care physicians. Br J Rheum 1998; 37: 1215-9
Galushko E.A., Erdes Sh.F., Alekseeva L.I. Osteoarthrosis in outpatient practice. Modern rheumatology, 2012, p.66-70