Back pain is the second most common cause of medical review. The prevalence of back pain reaches 80% of the world population. 20% of them are of working age (youth).
In most cases, back pain is caused by a degenerative disease problem in the joints that connect your vertebrae together. 40% of cases of back pain are associated with Osteochondrosis of the intervertebral joints.
Osteochondrosis means that the cartilage of the facet joints and intervertebral discs have thinned and the surfaces are coarser. This leads to back pain and stiffness.
Osteochondrosis of the intervertebral joints, means there is a pathological process of cartilage tissue destruction, that can lead to spondylosis of the vertebral bodies, which causes compression and irritation or pinching of the spinal nerves in their exiting areas of the spine, causing neurological symptoms.
Osteochondrosis can affect anyone of any age, but it is most common in women and people over the age of 50.
What are Osteochondrosis risk factors?
What makes us more likely to develop osteochondrosis?
• Poor physical activity.
• Age: more common as you get older.
• Overweight and obesity
• Excessive work and improper lifting.
• Unhealthy diet
• unhealthy posture
• Genetic causes.
What happens at Osteochondrosis?
• The cartilage tissue of the joint is thinned and damaged
• Cartilage functions are impaired: depreciation, protection, support
• Inflammation and swelling occur in the joint capsule, its volume increases
• Cartilage nutrition is reduced, the joint cavity is mechanically damaged by cartilage fragments
• Production decreases and the composition of the synovial fluid of the joint changes
the bone at the edge of the joint grows outward, forming bony protrusions, called Bony Spurs
• The bone adjacent to the joint remains unprotected, is subject to friction and excessive loads Collapses in the adjacent part of the bone. Compression of the nerves that branch from the spinal cord in their exiting areas of the spine, causing neurological symptoms
What are Osteochondrosis symptoms?
Usually, the first sign of osteoarthritis of the spine is pain and stiffness in your lower back or neck.
Symptoms of osteoarthritis of the spine vary from person to person. The most common symptoms are:
• Pain in your back or neck
• Stiffness, especially in the morning or after a rest
• Crunching or crushing sounds when you move your back or neck.
• People with osteoarthritis of the neck may have a headache or have pain in the shoulders and arms.
• The pain may be worse in the morning, at the end of the day, or when you move your back or neck a certain way. Some people feel pain that wakes them up at night. You will likely find that you have a mixture of good and bad days, and the amount of your pain changes.
What is Osteochondrosis treatment?
It is very important to consult a doctor in a timely manner and start treatment early.
Conservative treatment of osteoarthritis in the spine includes limiting its causes and counteracting predisposing factors (such as undertaking adequate physical activity, controlling body weight, adhering to proper positions of the body during movement and sitting).
The medical treatment of back pain is a challenge because of the difficulty of accessing medicines to the joints of the spine, especially the lateral facet joints, which are the cause of back pain in a large proportion of cases.
Current treatments are based on analgesics that cause harmful side effects in the long-term treatment.
How Mucosat® can help Osteochondrosis patient?
Mucosat® is a solution of Chondroitine sulphate for intramuscular and intraarticular injection
The world’s first injectable drug based on pure Chondroitine sulphate, which has proven analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, with improving the structure of the cartilaginous tissue, and as a result slowing the progression of degenerative diseases of joints and cartilages.
Mucosat® can help:
• In reducing the back pain
• In maintaining the structure and function of articular cartilage
• In slowing down the development of the disease
• In restoring the activity and prevent disability
Mucosat® is a revolution in back pain treatment because of the important features it provides:
• Mucosat® Is intramuscularly injected form provides high blood bioavailability in contrast to oral forms which have weak bioavailability.
• Mucosat® active substance reaches the joints of the spine and solves the problem of inability to inject into the joints of the spine
• Mucosat® stimulates the regeneration of the spine joints cartilages, increases their flexibility, and their function in preventing friction and absorbing shock, thus relieving pain, improving spinal mobility, and improving the patient’s life.
• High safety profile. the patients avoid long-term use of NSAIDs and other drugs used, protect them from their bad side effects, especially on the digestive system and kidneys, and provides a safe treatment option for elderly people with comorbidities.
• In postoperative cases of spinal disk herniation surgical treatment (in the case of partial nucleus pulposus resection), it helps to restore and strengthen the fibrous ring, improve the remaining part of the pulpal nucleus, increase its flexibility and hydration, and thus contribute to improving the results of surgery and preventing relapse.
Postoperative pain is not caused by the intervertebral disc only, because herniation of the pulpal nucleus is often associated with degeneration in the facet joints of the spine, so Mucosat® treatment course administration after surgery doesn’t only improve the results on the intervertebral disc, but it also helps to relieve pain in these Facet joints thus helps in greater analgesia for the patient and improves his condition after surgery.
• The active ingredients of Mucosat® reach the joints of the spine and all joints of the body together (general benefit)
• Mucosat® analgesic effects start after 2-3 weeks and continues for 3-6 months after the end of the treatment course.